Tampa Bay SEEDS in STEM Scholarship
Funded by a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant award, the Tampa Bay Supporting Education & Employment Development in STEM (SEEDS) scholarship opens doors to education and careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math for students who have been traditionally underrepresented in STEM fields, such as those with financial need, racial/ethnic minorities and women. To be eligible, students must be enrolled full-time in a degree or sub-plan related to:
o Biological or natural sciences (other than medicine and clinical fields)
o Physical sciences (including physics, chemistry, astronomy and materials science)
o Computer science and information technology
o Engineering or engineering technology
o Environmental science technology
Students will need to complete the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need as defined by the FAFSA. See other requirements below.
- $6,500 Total ($2,167 per term renewable for up to a total of three terms)
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your current STEM major?
- Are you a citizen of the United States, alien admitted as refugee under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or alien lawfully admitted to United States for permanent residence?
- Course Information
- 1. Have you completed and passed a college algebra course, equivalent or higher?
- 2. If so what course have you completed?
- 3. In addition, you must have completed and passed one additional STEM Course in order to be considered. Please select the additional STEM course(s) you have completed and passed.
- Essay: Please submit an essay demonstrating your commitment to STEM that includes your background, academic, and/or career goals. (450 to 500 words)
- If your cumulative GPA is lower than 2.5 you are required to submit a letter of recommendation from an SPC STEM instructor for consideration. Please provide the name and e-mail address of a SPC STEM instructor who will be submitting a reference on your behalf if your cumulative GPA is less than 2.5.
- Please submit your My Learning Plan that reflects your committment to STEM. If you are not currently enrolled in a STEM program but have a subplan/transfer plan in Biological Science, Physical Science, Math Science, Computer Science, or Engineering please include this plan as well.
- I acknowledge that part of the selection process for this scholarship will involve a personal interview with the SEEDS Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Show 2 more